RE: [OM] Other systems

Subject: RE: [OM] Other systems
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:44:27 -0500
John,
I, too, have had to deal with this.  Me, because of my aging eyes.  I've
owned OM's since '70's.  Traded in my Nikons.
When I shot my nephew's wedding this fall, I had trouble focusing in the dim
light those kids love.

Lucked out and saw a Nikon 8008s at Columbus Camera with a 35-105 for $225.
Didn't think twice!

As far as optics, I think they all make the best in some areas. But, if I
were starting from scratch, I'd likely go to Canon for the focusing
technology and lens control.
Nikon though, has never "dumped" their old users.  Original lenses, with
some restrictions, can still be used.  There's a lot to be said for that.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
>From time to time, someone will mention N*k*n or C*n*n.  Who
generally makes the best glass?  It's probably a matter of one being
better at some lenses and the other at others.  But in general, does one
have the upper hand?  I ask, because, sometimes AF (EF), fancy flash
capabilities, etc. are nice.  Hope I don't get thrown off the list for
this.
John