[OM] Re: Reala

Subject: [OM] Re: Reala
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 13:27:37 +1100
Just to throw another spanner in the works...
The latest development I've seen is on a roll of superia (bought in
Vietnam in early Jan), which stated on the box "New - Now with Reala
technology". Reala was still for sale alongside, with similar exp dates
(2002 IIRC) but a higher pricetag.
Around here (Aus), there used to be fuji 100 and reala. Then fuji 100
became fuji superia (both 100 and 200), and some time later reala became
superia reala. I haven't bought colour print film since getting back
from VN, so I don't know if we have the "new" superia yet.
Dylan

From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Around here, Reala became "Superia Reala" about 3-6 months after Superia
> came out, but we still have both a Superia 100 and Superia Reala. I also
> agree Reala is the best print film I've used, and displaces my favourite old
> Ektar of years ago.

The original "Reala" has now become classified as a professional film
and
can be found in the refrigerated section along with other professional
emulsions.  The "Superia Reala" is supposedly the consumer version of
Reala,
but I have my doubts that it's the same as the old consumer Reala.
Unfortunalty the professional Reala is now priced at around $12CDN for a
roll of 36 (it used to be about half that when it was consumer grade)
so I've switched back to using Royal Gold.  If it wasn't for the price,
too would prefer Reala.
                                -mark