[OM] buying new OM

Subject: [OM] buying new OM
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 02:55:08 -0800 (PST)
====================
The ONLY pro I see to buying any NEW Olympus gear is to show support
for the system, but I wouldn't hold out hope of it having much
effect, or even being appreciated.
====================

Under the hypothesis that Olympus isn't manufacturing any more
OM equipment, but is content to slowly sell the stock they have
at high prices over a long period of time for the prestige of
having an SLR system on the market, it is in fact
in everyone's (ie Olympus's and all OM users') best interest
to buy used.  Then the OM system is officially on the market for
the longest possible time.  OM users get support for longer,
and OM gets to keep the prestige of officially carrying the
OM line on their price list.

Joseph