Re: [OM] camera vibration?

Subject: Re: [OM] camera vibration?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:55:10 +0100
John Robison wrote:

> I dispenced
> with the reflex viewing alltogather and used a custom
> made groundglass that sat on the inner rails of my
> OM1. I used this setup to compose and focus because
> most of the subject matter was one size and I could be
> sure of framing and focus.

I used such a setup too. The OMs unfortunatly have no 100 0.000000inder, such
a finder would be very helpfull for exact copywork.

> I wonder if this could be
> applied to the setup described it the Ziess
> instructions? It should elemanate any potential
> problems with the reflex system in the body.

A rigid copystand would be better than a fluidhead. For copy work
precise arangement is indispensable an fluidhead can not guarantee this.

For bigger than life magnifications, Olympus made an copystand bellows
combination with option to use an central shutter, to eliminate any
vibration problem caused by the camera mechanics.

Regards

Richard