Re: [OM] 2gabe watch continues

Subject: Re: [OM] 2gabe watch continues
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:48:32 -0800

George Sears wrote:

> Think someone offered like $200 and he closed the auction and sold? Is
> closing your auction early against eBays rules?

No, it's not.  That's how I got my 35-80/2.8  When it first popped up on
eBay, I was able to convince the seller to dispense with the auction
hassle and the possibility of phony buyers etc, and just sell it to me.
It helped that I also was able to advise him with some web site problems
he had.  I didn't want that lens to sit on eBay too long and have some
(other) crazed Zuikoholic push the price up to above new.

EBay has a simple procedure for ending auctions early, no questions
asked.

george