Re: [OM] Questions for IS3/OM Users

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for IS3/OM Users
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 21:52:13 +0100
On Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:43:11 -0800, george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>John
>
>I tested the 90/2 + 1.7x IS-3 converter for Gary.  The results are on
>the site.  Professional? I dunno. But it had mostly 'B's and the couple
>of slides I took with it in Hawaii looked pretty darn good.
>
>It fared **far** better than the 90 + Zuiko 2X combo. And it's about 1
>1/3 stops faster. I wish I had never modified my 90 to mate with the 2X,
>and I would recommend against anyone doing it.
>
>George

George,

This 'modification', which I have made as well, is easily made undone
when you wish so. One tiny drop of superglue or epoxy will put the
little black tab on more solidly then it has ever been before its
removal.
Apart from that, it's only there for protection of the rear glass when
completely retracted. It isn't a real modification in the sense that
optical or technical characteristics of the lens are changed... so why
bother?

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.