Re: [OM] Copying slides

Subject: Re: [OM] Copying slides
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:08:33 -0500
Jan,
  I have always used other lens to copy slides rather than the 80 mm
because I don't have the 80.  To quote the Olympus OM Slide Copier
Instruction Manual.
 " Because is is specially designed for 1:1 (life size) magnification,
the ZUIKO 1:1 Macro lens 80mm F4 is recommended.  You can also use the
ZUIKO Macro 50mm F3.5, ZUIKO 50mm f1.8 or 50mm F1.4 Standard Lenses.  If
you want to duplicate only a particular portion of your slide, the Zuiko
Macro Lens 38mm F3.5 is recommended for best results."
  I have only personally used the 50 mm Macro and the 38 mm Macro but
they both give superb results.  This of course does not mention the
later and faster 38 mm Macro lens or most likely some others.  The whole
point in this is that you appear to state that there is only one lens
that can be used for slide coping.  This just is not so!
Rand E.