[OM] tilt-shift lenses

Subject: [OM] tilt-shift lenses
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:01:39 -0800 (PST)
====================
Don't know if there exist newer versions (for the EOS and Maxxum) of shift
lenses, but that would work
====================

Canon makes 3 different tilt-shift lenses for EOS, 24mm, 45mm, 90mm,
and all three support front tilt as well as rise, fall, and shift.
I don't know if you can use tilt in conjunction with rise/fall.
It would be nice if they worked together as you can simulate
rear tilt with front tilt and rise/fall.  without shift/rise/fall,
front tilt alone won't correct for converging or diverging lines
in architectural work.

I don't know if the diaphragm is auto, but I assume it is
since this wouldn't be a problem to implement with an electronic
interface.

If shift lenses are your thing, EOS is a much better system to have
than OM, but at the prices for the EOS tilt-shift lenses, a medium
or large format camera with perspective control is probably more
desirable.

Joseph