Re: [OM] circuit to measure shutter speed

Subject: Re: [OM] circuit to measure shutter speed
From: Wayne Shumaker <wayne@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:08:07 -0500
Hi Gary,

I can try to see what it takes to put this thing together. One thing
the article does not give is specific photo diodes to use. If any one
knows a good source for them, I would appreciate it. Also you have to
figure out how to place them on the camera back. The article does say
how much error one will see with different slit sizes in front of the
PD, but no specifics for construction. Wider slits give a lower rise
time when the shutter passes, and hence more error. In the past, I
solved the problem using a laser pointer, but for that to work the
laser pointer has to be aligned. Electronics World is not the same as
Popular Electronics, and does not give PC board layout, etc.. Now all
we need is a PD circuit that can measure the amount of light to check
for accurate auto exposure. We can send it around to list members to
check out their cameras and subsequently increase John's backlog of
work to do. :-)

Wayne