Re. [OM] Copying slides

Subject: Re. [OM] Copying slides
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:44:31 +0100
Lars Bundesen wondered:
>I recently found out that Kodak makes a dupe film balanced for flash (SE
>Duplicating Film SO-366).
>I took a look at a package in a photoshop. As far as I could see, it - like
>the film for tungsten lighting - also required use of some filtering.

>Has anybody tried this film and do they in that case have any advice for
>the use of it?

Hi Lars and others
I've used this film with the Olympus bellows and slide copier and, yes, it does
require filtering. Exactly what you have to try for yourself, the charts
provided only cater for Kodak films and I use Fuji so I've experimented quite a
lot. Quite a lot of yellow and a little cyan gives a fair result IMO.
Complicating matters even more is the fact that the colour temperature varies
from batch to batch, not very much but still it varies. And so does the ISO,
from 16 to 24(!).
The key is: Experiment. Develop one roll at a time. With a little patience,
you'll get the feel for it.

Cheers,
Ulf Westerberg
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg