[OM] OM] Copying slides

Subject: [OM] OM] Copying slides
From: "Peter Davies" <davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:27:31 +1100
Hi Guys

I've just completed some slide copying  using the Kodak film.  I tried Astia
becaus it is low contrast - but the kodak film is heaps better.  I used the
80mm lens and slide copier, etc.  Rather than use flas - as I don't have the
ttl cords - i used our slide projector which has a quartz glode.  The film I
used requires filtering - as per box - for daylight and flash.  In the kodak
duplicating book it says the film is tungsten ( only reference to this).  I
finally came up with good results by putting an orange filter in front of the
slide projector - as this provides an acceptable tungsten still light onto the
slide copier - like the light required by the filtering - however the filtering
is batch dependent I'm told - so each new batch requires new testing.  But I'm
very pleased with the quality of the results and now I put travel slides (ie
trekking trip to K2) into the photo club competition without fearing losing the
original.

If any on has some questions let me know and I'll see if I can help.

regards

Peter - trying to catch up with digests