RE: [OM] ADITL <-> OLTE/ZAST ---> TOMPC

Subject: RE: [OM] ADITL <-> OLTE/ZAST ---> TOMPC
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:07:58 +0100
Hi,

Alright, I've waited a bit with giving feedback on the suggested names for
the themed events.

Out of the several suggestions, I think we should follow something which
sounds a bit neutral and not too whacky (sorry Giles, your suggestions
didn't make it ;) ). So, as Barry stated, if for some reason we want to
include the pages in one's portfolio, it would be good if the name is
reasonably impressive.

So, I'll list the suggestions down here that I really liked:

-The OM Challenge
-The OM Photo Challenge
-Photography the Olympus Way
-Zuiko Pro/Am
-Olympix
-Olympic Visions

Personally, out of these I like "The OM Photo Challenge" best (even though
it's Olympus restricted, rather than OM restricted).

Do we all agree on that name for the themed events? If not, then by all
means let me know...

Ah yes, one more thing. Hans: if you can make a _portrait_ using your
microscope, then by all means use it for the bokeh edition ;)
On a slightly more serious note (as you actually stated something
interesting here): yes, micrography and astrophotography are allowed too for
these events, just make sure to use an Olympus body on the receiving side.

Cheers!
Olafo