Re: [OM] polaroid instant 35mm slide film???

Subject: Re: [OM] polaroid instant 35mm slide film???
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:09:02 -0600 (CST)
is it usable to check flash setups, etc? I don't do much copy work
(read- a few times a year for my artist wife), and I'd love to be
able to shoot a handful of slides to check flash placement before
committing E-6 film (read- a 10 day wait for slides) to a project.
It'd also be handy for those "I need slides tomorrow" situations.

BBB

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:17:42 -0800, Phillip Franklin wrote:

>Dirk,
>
>I used this film several years ago for macro photography, and all I can say is
>that is not
>too good for general photography.  The film (with the developer) is on the
>expensive side
>but the auto prcessors are rather inexpensive.  I shot microprocessors with it
>because it
>did have a pretty good line resolution for images such as this.  The B&W had
>pretty good
>contrast. However it does not have the resolution of some of Kodak's films
>such as
>Ektagrahic HC slide film (B&W) or Kodak Technical Pan Neg film. The contrast
>on some of this
>pretty good but not as good as those Kodak emulsions.  The colors were not
>standard and the
>emulsions were not too durable.  Again films such as Kodak Vericolor slide
>film blow it away
>for technical work.  Although the Polaroid stuff is sometimes fun to use, it
>is way too
>expensive and the novelty wears off quick.
>
>Phillip Franklin

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx