Re: [OM] A word to the wise regarding OM service

Subject: Re: [OM] A word to the wise regarding OM service
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:12:56 +0000
Hi.

Just wanted to share the following info about having your OM camera CLA'd
here in the states. I'm not going to name names.

Hi to you too ;->

I make these observations in peace and with goodwill.

I don't know about our fellow Zuiks and Zuikettes, but for me a post looks better (friendlier, more trustworthy :-), more committed to the good of others on the List ... I suppose) if it is signed with some sort of name. I have meant to mention this several times over the last 18 months - about different authors, but I have always held back.

Your post will be interesting to some on the List, I am sure. It means little to me because I am in England and I don't know which shops you might be referring to. But I'm also unsure if you meant anyone in the USA to know either; I should be intrigued to know how far you did mean to inform people in the USA. In any case, for me personally, a post making a point that was for me difficult to discern is all the more mysterious, cryptic or even a little sinister if it is unsigned.

This List comprises a good spread of people and creeds. The rules (which we discuss every so often) are more along the lines of the British Constitution than that of the USA (i.e. unwritten and based on custom etc...), but I should be interested in others' opinion.

On the main point: I have said a couple of times on the List that there is a good CLA site in the UK at Colchester Cameras in Essex. Their price for an OM1N was £75 plus VAT for a shutter adjustment, shutter speed check and CLA. That would be about $150 ... how does that compare with either of your prices for your OM4 CLA. I'm ready to bet that you paid less than that for either of your jobs.

Regards

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker