[OM] OM2SP

Subject: [OM] OM2SP
From: Robin M Allen <rallen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:47:10 +0200 (EET)

In have an OM2SP and OM4Ti.  The principal advantage I find personally of
the OM4Ti is the auto-spot, and there is something deeply satisfying about
taking 4 minute, auto exposures.  Plus, I've had an F280 for 6 months and
I'm still waiting for the inspiration to actually do something interesting
with its super mode that couldnt be done with a T32.

I wear glasses and find the OM2SP display easier to see than the OM4Ti.  I
want to increase the eye relief on my OM4Ti as per the FAQ but dont know
where to get the lens.  Opticians in Stoke-on-Trent, UK just stared and
blinked at me when I asked, as though they couldn't wait for me to be
somebody else's problem:-)

Why is the OM4Ti eye relief so limited?

I have an OM2SP, possibly dirty inside, which has suffered from intermittant
slipping of the wind-on mechanism.  However, I've only noticed it at
sub-zero temperatures so I attributed it to a reversible change in oil (or
filth!) viscosity.  I suppose some metallic part could have shrunk though.

Robin M. Allen

Dr Robin M Allen
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 6100                          tel    +358 9 451 2577 (fax)2580
FIN-02015 HUT                      email             rallen@xxxxxxxxx
Finland                              www   http://www.hut.fi/~rallen/