[OM] 2 stop discrepancy between 2 OM-1ns

Subject: [OM] 2 stop discrepancy between 2 OM-1ns
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:37:21 -0800 (PST)
ACK! While out shooting my photo-essay, I discover my two -1ns are two
stops different! Both are recently CLA-ed, Hg cells, original
screens. Swapped lenses, batteries, but nothing: the black one shows 2
stops over the chrome. Both ASA dials at 400.

The chrome one's last roll was late Dec, K64, which came out perfect. the
black one I've been using regularly for class (Tri-X). Oh, the last roll
on black was Tri-X pushed to 1600...that didn't leave the needle
prematurely reading higher, did it? When off, both needles rest normally
at bottom of the finder.

What to do!?! The black body is Tri-X, to be blown to 8*10 or 11*14, for
class, so I can't risk loosing that; the chrome is Superia400 for my self
(same shots in color and B/W). So far, the black's negs (except the 1600
roll not yet processed) have been good. What went wrong where?

<panicpanicpanic>

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!