Re: [OM] 35RD questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RD questions
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:13:43 -0000
Ian A. Nichols wrote:

>...Mainly it's the flash mode: it doesn't seem to want to open the aperture
>at all, regardless of focus distance, film speed or GN setting.  Is
>there some specific procedure for engaging this mode that I don't know
>about?

It's been a while since I used one of these but based on my 35RC you select
the GN with a little lever and then the flash symbol on the aperture ring.

>Also, I can't tell the difference between F/11 and F/16 and the aperture
>indicator in the viewfinder reads 1/2 - 1 stop smaller than the actual
>aperture (or maybe the aperture ring is out of alignment and reads
>over?)
Could be excessive wear or in need of adjustment.

The first 35RD that I've seen advertised for a long time was in this week's
AP - Eagles of Sunderland - for £45 or around half what I'd expect to pay
for a good one. I had one on approval some years ago but I returned it as
its lens wasn't up to the standard of the 35RC and I found the shutter and
aperture rings too close together for easy use. It was handy using 49mm
filters though.

Try to ensure that you only use real mercury batteries in it - there have
been warnings in newsgroups about alkaline versions burning out 35RC meters
and I assume that the meter type is common to both models.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry