Re: [OM] Another lurker emerges! F-280 with OM-2 (Shoe 3), OM-2n, O

Subject: Re: [OM] Another lurker emerges! F-280 with OM-2 (Shoe 3), OM-2n, OM-2s
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 02:00:49 +0000
At 21:09 2/11/00 , I wrote:
>Yes.  The difference will be that the "C" cells in the Bounce Grip 2 cannot
>charge the F280; it will only be able to run off its interal "AA" cells.
>The F280 has a pocket where the connection would be made with the grip, but
>no pins.  In "NORMAL" it functions TTL OTF with your OM-2[n,S] bodies.
>
>-- John

One additional thought came to mind!  It has been a while since I had an
F280.

An F280 in combination with the Bounce Grip 2 and an OM-2[n,S].  Its
Synchro Socket is 7 pin, and is different (incompatible) with the Synchro
Socket on the Bounce Grip 2 and the OM-2S:

1.  Connect the Bounce Grip 2 Synchro Socket to a TTL Auto Connector 3 on
the OM-2, or a TTL Auto Connector 4 on the OM-2n, or the Synchro Socket on
the OM-2S, using one of the TTL Auto Cord T #.##m (probably the 0.3m or
0.6m).  This allows TTL OTF with the F280, but it cannot be dismounted from
the Bounce Grip 2 shoe.  You would have to dismount the handle from the
base plate and leave the flash in the grip shoe to operate TTL OTF.

2.  Connect the Bounce Grip 2 Synchro Socket to a Shoe 3 on the OM-2, or a
Shoe 4 on the OM-2n, or the hot shoe on the OM-2S, using the TTL Shoe Cord
#.##m (probably the 0.6m).  Note this is the shoe cord for the "T" series,
*not* the shoe cord for the Quick Auto 310 flash.  You would have to
dismount the handle from the base plate and leave the flash in the grip
shoe for TTL OTF to work.

3.  Connect the F280 Synchro Socket to the hot shoe (Shoe 3 on the OM-2,
Shoe 4 on the OM-2n, hot shoe on the OM-2S) with the 7 pin TTL Auto Cord
F0.6m.  This would allow you to remove the flash from the Bounce Grip 2
handle and still operate TTL OTF.

4.  Use the PC cord on the Bounce Grip 2 to connect to the PC socket on the
OM-2[n,S] body.  On the OM-2[n] the switch on the body must be in the "X"
position.  However, with this scheme you will have to use the F280 in
MANUAL mode, at full power, using guide numbers to set the aperture.

Whew!  I hope I got that right.  Had to game out in my mind the
combinations of connectors and shoes to hook it all together.

-- John