Re: [OM] Unofficial Olympus Gallery: New submissions and additions to e

Subject: Re: [OM] Unofficial Olympus Gallery: New submissions and additions to existing submissions
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 08:43:18 +0000
>So, does anyone have suggestions as to how to break myself out of a
>photographic drought?  Between stresses from school (damn thesis) and
>the ugly boston winter, I've barely touched my camera in the last month
>or two.  When we actually had some snow, I did shoot half a roll of
>film (dusk / night around MIT campus / looking across the river to
>boston), but I just can't seem to get myself excited about it.  What
>do you guys do when / if this happens to you?
>
>joey

Yeah, me too. The last roll I did was interesting though. I did some night
time sences in the snow. The snow reflects enough light at night to make for
some interesting effects. The mixed color temperatures of the various lights
also adds interest. The street lights emit a nice green color, and the homes
nearby of course had the amber of incandescent light. I also did some self
portraits, boning up for the big event this week I suppose. Other than that,
I'm not inspired. I'm sick of snow already. I don't know how the people in
Canada, New England, and Scandinavia deal with it. We've only had snow on
the ground for about 3 weeks, I think, I've lost track by now....looking
forward to Spring....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright