Re: Sv: [OM] Unofficial Olympus Gallery: New submissions andadditions t

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Unofficial Olympus Gallery: New submissions andadditions to existing submissions
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:28:29 -0800

LARS BUNDESEN wrote:

> As I am a big fan of CCR, I'd better take a look at Gregg's photos.
>
> By the way, there is some similarity between John Fogerty and Olympus. Both
> have an disappointingly low level of information for the fans.
>
> Lars

... and they both got screwed royally by close associates: Olympus by
Olympus America, Fogarty (and all of CCR) by their manager, Saul Zantz.
He grabbed 'em up right away when they were young.  The contract they
signed gave *all* their rights to good ol Saul.  CCR earns nothing from
their original songs. Nothing!  Saul gets it all.  I understand, Fogarty
won't even play the original stuff any more.  He wrote an unflattering
song about Saul "Zantz cant dance" on his Centerfield album.  All the
CCR boys are doin their best to make a livin.  Saul is livin off their
work. He's now a multi-millionaire who dabbles in producing films.  I
wonder how an SOB like that sleeps at night.

george