Re: [OM] a new OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] a new OM4
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <t.clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 02:19:44 -0700
Hello John,

Actually, I've been running tons of b&w films through my cameras but
less than 10 of color over the past decade (I started acounting my
film usage in 1990 - *grin*). I find that using spot metering yields
what I want - when combined with enough experience to
over/undercompensate as appropriate. However it is also my experience
that compensation is rarely needed (or is something I just "do"
without too much thinking) when using spot metering.

I've never heard of the method you propose, but I will try it out and
see what happens. On the same note, I have no clue what the "zone"
conecpt is.  I assume it is a well-understood term and that I (as
usual) am just being ignorant. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

--thomas