Re: [OM] In Search of Infinite Wisdom

Subject: Re: [OM] In Search of Infinite Wisdom
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 08:09:28 +1000
Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> >Almost As Bad #2: are there generic slide adapters (I don't think Umax has
> >one for my 1200S)
>
> Not really.
[snip]

     /---------------------------\
     | Christopher is searching  |
     |        Please Wait        |
     |                           |
     |          [ OK ]           |
     \___________________________/

Aha, I found that site which presents a homebuilt slide backlighter.  I
haven't tried it (as I have access to a flatbed with real TMA).  I
wouldn't expect the results to be perfect.

Read on:

        http://www.abstractconcreteworks.com/essays/scanning/Backlighter.html

> >Pitiful Question #3: ... where's the
> >cheapest slide scanner i can get that isn't embarrassing?
>
> That depends on what you want to do with them.
[snip]

I second that.  If you want to make hangable prints from the scans,
you need to go to a pro lab.  If you want small prints or on-screen
images, home scanners are good enough.

cjb

--
It's boring being a program when your only job is inserting a random .sig.
Muggins thinks I've put his .sig here, won't he be surprised...