Re: [OM] a new OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] a new OM4
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:14:57 -0600
>>The Zone System was pioneered by Minor White (I think) and codified by Ansel
>>Adams.<<

for a little history-
http://www.cicada.com/pub/photo/zs/faq/q02.html

"Fred Archer was an instructor at the Art Center College in Los Angeles. He
formed the basis of the zone system in a
series of articles in the old U.S.Camera  magazine that were published in the
late 30's. Adams noticed these contacted
Archer and went on to more formally define the current language of the zone
system."

>>It really only works in all its aspects with large format view cameras, field
>>cameras, etc. since each piece of film
can be processed separately.<<

For a little formatting-
http://www.cicada.com/pub/photo/zs/faq/q03.html

>>The most succinct and useful explanation of its use for 35mm is in a little
>>book called The Zone
Six Workshop by Fred Picker.  It's available (at Amazon, probably) and well
worth studying IMO.<<

for a little light (f/64@ now wait a minute :-))  )--
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ats-query/002-6069802-8897824

                                                                yours avoiding