Re: [OM] zone system

Subject: Re: [OM] zone system
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:10:00 -0500
Amen, Joseph.  Can you imagine making a once-in-a-lifetime image like
"Moonrise, Hernandez, NM"--in one exposure--based on
your knowledge of the zone system and the candle power of the moon?  With a
view camera?  In my experience, there's
nothing that allows me to relate to that.  Given the man's obvious technical
mastery, I think much too much has been made
of it at the expense of his talent as an artist.  He could convey a mood with
the best of them.
John