[OM] Zuiko 28 - 48 f 4

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 28 - 48 f 4
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:30:44 +0100
Hello all.

I have two items of this Zuiko zoom 28-48, because I like it very much for
travel.

Working with both lenses I observe:

48mm: Perfect espos.
35mm:  1/3 underexpos.
28mm:  almost 2/3 underexpos.

Last October I do a test with 28 f2, 28 f2.8 and Zoom 28-48 on 28mm, on a
urban landscape and over a mira-test at all apertures of all three lenses.

The problem (for me) with the zoom is that the zoom on 28mm don´t give a
good information to the camera (OM 4).

If I read light with the 28 f2.8, for instance, and this gives me 1/125s
and  f11, I shoot with the three lenses 1/125 f 11 and all exposures are
perfect.

On this conditions, if I read the light with the Zoom on 28mm, this lens
bring me  1/125 and f 11-16 (half a point or 2/3  of difference).

I want to know if some members on the list have this problem with the Zuiko
28-48.

Is this a common problem on this Zuiko Zoom ?

Thanks in advance.

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA (Spain)

angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx