RE: [OM] OT - London, England - [was Millennium Dome]

Subject: RE: [OM] OT - London, England - [was Millennium Dome]
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:57:07 GMT
Michael, and anyone else interested,

Your interest in London for a day depends on the kind of things that
interest you. It has everything, more or less. If you've not been before I'd
suggest the following:
Tower Bridge (the one that has towers & the road flips up to let boats through)
Hyde Park - grass, trees, lake
The Albert Hall
Marble Arch
Trafalgar Square (with Nelson's Column, but don't feed the fat pigeons)
Piccadilly Circus (for advertising hoardings)
Houses of Parliament viewed from the other (South) side of the river
The one thing I'll be visiting with a camera next time I'm in London is the
botanical gardens at Kew, with the Royal Horticultural Society's plant
collection. Much better than this lot, but then I've seen them all several
times already.

I wouldn't visit the Dome, it's overpriced. Most people when asked seem to
think it was pretty tedious. Someone else said the big ferris wheel was more
photogenic, and from the evidence I've seen, they're probably right. Save
yer money, skip the Dome (it even sounds like a bald bloke's head).

Simon E.