[OM] using 2 TTL flashes

Subject: [OM] using 2 TTL flashes
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:02:49 +0000 (GMT)
Subject changed to avoid hijacking Joel's thread, because this doesn't
answer his question at all...

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Here's what happened.  I wanted the BG2 flash to be to the camera's right.
> In this orientation and with a winder, one needs to use the BG2's PC cord
> and also use an extender for the PC cord, which is otherwise too short to
> reach the camera's X sync.  I figured I might try powering the second T20
> on the auto connector with a TTL cord running from the TTL port at the
> bottom of the BG2.  I tried it and it works, but when I first turned the
> flash mounted on the BG2 on, it immediately flashed -- just from moving the
> switch to "on"!  Once it powered up again, both flashes worked perfectly.

I've noticed similar (but less useful) behaviour using two different TTL
dedicated flash units with a -2s(p).  With one (non-Oly) on the shoe and
the other (T32) connected via a TTL cord to the TTL socket on the
camera, the one on the shoe fires repeatedly when I switch it on.

Does anyone know if this behaviour is normal for units connected this
way?  Would it work properly with, say 2 T32s connected as described or
connected serially with TTL cords, e.g. 1 on the shoe, TTL cord between
flash units or 1 on a BG2, connected to the body by TTL cord to the BG2s
TTL socket then another TTL cord between the two flashes?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |