Re: [OM] zone system - in olympus-digest V2 #1447

Subject: Re: [OM] zone system - in olympus-digest V2 #1447
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:44:18 -0500
On 16 Feb 00, at 9:54, John Pendley spoke about
*Re: [OM] zone system - in olympus-d..* saying

> Chung, Stephen (AU) wrote:
>
> > Greetings Oly-faithful,
> >
> >  I can understand how
> > MMV between individuals, but when you find that in your own attempts
> > at photography that invariably your own mileage is varying it's time
> > to do something about it.  This revalation pretty much came about
> > after leaving the relative safety of the color negative - minilab
> > processed print world for the alternating triumphs and disasters of
> > "do it yourself B&W, RA4 and E6" rollercoaster.
>
> Stephen, I'm with you 100 0.000000e+00re.  Exercising the highest degree of
> control of which one is capable, and then turning the film over to a
> lab makes no sense to me.  (Unless the lab is highly professional and
> consults with the photographer about desired results.)  Even then, I
> would feel robbed of participation in part of the creative process.
> What's driving me nuts right now is that I have been away from serious
> B&W work for a long time and don't have a darkroom.  I will later in
> the year, however.

Going to construct your own camera and lens, & make your own
emulsions too? I prefer the consistency of machine development,
making my changes elsewhere in the process.

Tom
And a happy New Millenium to you and yours.PLEASE NOTE MY NEW eMAIL ADDRESS!
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,  Ottawa  ON  Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o    <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx> ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412   No ads or spam, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera