Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:11:13 EST

>   I just received my "new" Zuiko 100mm f/2.8, and it looks to be in great
>  condition...except that some previous owner blacked out "Olympus" "Zuiko"
>  "Auto", etc. from the front ring with what appears to have been black
magic
>  marker (they left some info unmarked). Was this some kind of security
thing
>  or do some zuikoholics su*bscribe to a fanatic cult with bizarre
>  initiation rituals?
>
>  Is there any way to remove the marker without risking damage to the lens?

The previous owner liked to takes photos of himself in the mirror but his
camera had to stay incognito.  But I don't think you want to mess with
solvents that would dissolve Magic Marker (TM).  You might just try to cover
it over with some new stuff like the laquer sticks from Fargo Enterprises
($1.95).

Warren