[OM] Terrible Dilemma

Subject: [OM] Terrible Dilemma
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:29:25 -0500
Tom Scales said:
I would appreciate (offline perhaps) suggestions from list members for
how
they display their treasures.  I'm thinking a bookcase, maybe glass
doors,
but am worried about fungus, etc.

Search the archives about mid-'99.  There was a long thread running then
on fungus protection and mention of "tropical cabinets".  You might also
find it on Kodak's website since I think the design mentioned came from
Kodak.  Basically, it's a closable bookcase (use glass doors for light
and viewing) with ventilated shelves for airflow and a low wattage
incandescent bulb at the bottom to keep the internal temperature
slightly elevated above the ambient and hold the moisture level at bay.

There is also much discussion in that thread about other options such as
dessicant cannisters and sources for same.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA