RE: [OM] Ti

Subject: RE: [OM] Ti
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:05:09 -0600
>Titanium alloys are naturally a grey color, but can be highly  polished and
>reflective, and  'look like' aluminum.

I have a road bicycle of an interesting breed.  It is made of steel (some
fancy modern type that is incredibly strong yet lightweight), but has a
type of Titanium plating.  The finish is brushed and then clearcoated.  It
is the sharpest Ti "frame" I've seen and it doesn't discolor or fingerprint.

I was a rep for the company back six or seven years ago when they sold the
things and I kept the race bike for myself and dumped about $2,000 in
Carbon Fiber and Titanium parts in it.  Nowadays Carbon Fiber road bike
frames are as low as a single pound and probably give the best ride
possible with advanced layering techniques that align the fibers to give
strength in one direction yet give pliability in an other direction.

Now that the girls are a bit older I should beable to get out and ride more
this year.  I hate being a "Barney" with cool toys but no kujos.  Currently
when I ride I look like a hippo in spandex.

Manditory Political content:  Which US presidential candidate is a
photographer?
Manditory EBay content:  Can we sell votes on Ebay?
Manditory SUV content:  My bikes really look cool on the Jeep.
Manditory OM content:  I've got pictures of my bikes on the Jeep.
Manditory Music content:  ELP rules!
Manditory Stereo content:  Regardless of the specs, I love the sound of my
Bose Acoustimass speakers--and I'm an pro-audio geek.
Manditory Ansel Adams content:  I'm in Zone 0 on that one.
Manditory For Sale content:  The meter, varimaggotfinder, 1-7, 1-13 screens
and battery have new homes.  The OM-1 is still sale, though.

Ken Norton