Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:55:02 -0800
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  I have a well-loved 50/3.5 that I bought used from a pro with the same
treatment. It turns out to be a good idea with macro lenses, as he showed
me that the lettering sometimes is reflected on to the subject.

I've always thought this is why most Zuiko macros have the lettering radially around the outside of the lens, rather than in the front. I guess they didn't figure that out until after the 50/3.5 was designed.

These Zuiko macros all have lettering around the outside: 135/4.5, 90/2, 80/4, 50/2, 38/2.8, 20/2.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>