Re: [OM] Re: siliconfilm

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: siliconfilm
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:14:01 -0600
Don't do it.  It's CMOS, not CCD, and the resolution is LOUSY.  It's also
vaporware.  I have a Kodak DC265, which is one generation back and its
1544x1024. It takes great shots, but it is still very limited in its
usefulness. It's slow (ASA100) and not useful for sports at all.  My slide
scanner, on the other hand (Minolta QS35 I picked up cheap) is around
2688x4032, which is good enough to see the grain.

If you want to see some full-size 1544x1024 images of my OM-4T, check out:

http://www.scales.tzo.com/olympus/4tpics.htm

but, be warned, the images are 300K+ each.

I'm kind of a digital buff, so email me off-line if you want to talk more
about it.

Tom