Re: [OM] Brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] Brassing
From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:23:14 -0500
I thought I would drop a line to let everyone who participated in the
discussion about brassing and paint touch up on our precious OM Bodies know
that I have discovered a greast touch-up for the OM-4T "champagne" color.  I
recently bought one from Brad's in outstanding condition, but it had a few
small scratches on the prism housing on the top plate.  I went to Wal-Mart
hobby dept and got a bottle of Testors (Pactra) Gold and one of Silver enamel
for plastic models. I mixed 3 brushfulls of silver with one or so brushfull of
the gold (your mileage may vary--experiment) and got a perfect match to the
camera's finish when carefully brushed on with a very finely trimmed brush.  If
you have a fine touch, you can use a clean finger to VERRRY lightly brush over
it before it dries to remove excess and blend the borders.

Cheers
John