[OM] OT re Titanium

Subject: [OM] OT re Titanium
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:08:35 -0000
After the correspondence about the Titanium bits of the OM3/4T I was going
to chip in by saying that titanium is also used in some classy (equals
pricey) bicycle frames. Apparently the former Soviet Union had large stocks
of high grade Ti (for making weapons) - since they need  money more than
weapons now it has come on the market at a much lower price.

Then a couple of lucky ********s chipped in with descriptions of their *OWN*
titanium framed bikes. Hey - bikie Zuikies - what closer soulmates could
there be.

Or so I thought until Ken Norton wrote
> Manditory Music content:  ELP rules!

and Gregg followed with
> Wow.  There are two of us in the world that love ELP.  I actually know
> of no one else that even know who they are.

OK, I'm not jealous of the titanium bikes any more, 'coz I saw ELP perform
live twice in London in about 1972.

In velo veritas
John (not related to Carl AFAIK)

Proud possessor of 2 custom-framed road bikes (no Ti though) and some
goodish photos of a recent gig by the mighty Wilko Johnson, shot on OM2SP
with Zuiko 135/2.5, 55/1.2 and Tamron 90/2.5.