[OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?

Subject: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?
From: Tatu Laitinen <sara.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:41:22 +0200
Hi,

My worst nightmare just came true, when I noticed that my valuable 90mm
f2 macro has a tiny (5mm long & very thin), scratch on the middle of the
rear element!!!! Its very small but it can be clearly seen from certain
angles. I take a lot of photos of backlit subjects so can a scratch this
tiny lower contrast?? And should I be worried about it? Im very critical
about the sharpness and contrast.

If this tiny scratch does lower the contrast, how can it be fixed??

Thanks,
Tatu Laitinen