Re: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?

Subject: Re: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:12:15 +0000
My sympathies - ouch!

I think it is quite impossible to say whether this will cause a noticeable
problem.  I think the best thing to do is to shoot a test roll of film
trying to get it to have an effect then compare the results with what you
normally get.

I have heard recommendations for filling a scratch with black paint (?),
soot or some such then wiping the excess off.  I have never had to try it
so myself.

I think if it really bothers you or testing reveals there is a noticeable
problem you should consider having the element replaced.  I am sure you
could get a quote on having it done before commiting yourself.

You could try here to find links to repairers or agents in Europe -

http://www.olympus-europa.com/

Giles