Re: [OM] Brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] Brassing
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 01:24:19 +1100
Phillip Franklin wrote

> I wish they would have stayed with this brushed chrome look.  It sure was
> durable. Whose idea was it to paint these bodies black in the first place?

Consumer products are cycled through styles to make old items
look old. Cars went from upright to rounded (1940s) to boxy (1970s)
to rounded (1990s). Stereos went from wood to silver to black to gold
to silver. And cameras went from black to chrome to black.

I like the chrome too. And it stays cooler.