Sv: [OM] Price opinions wanted

Subject: Sv: [OM] Price opinions wanted
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:34:32 +0100
Hi,

I bought an 8 mm for 8000 DKK (c. 1150 US$) last year. That was (until the
180/2, for which I paid the same amount) the most expensive piece I had
ever bought. I found it very expensive, but until now, I have only seen one
other 8 mm than mine, so these are rare, and of course, it reflects in the
prices.

Until now I have not used it much, but two biology students borrowed it
(and an OM 4T) for a couple of months. They needed it for a thesis about
butterflies. They needed it it to take 180 degree photos of the sky. So at
least, my purchase of this lens has helped the academic world.

I have the ambition to earn some money with that lens, though. If you find
the right subject, you can take pictures not possible with other lenses,
and you might be able to sell such a picture or win a competition.

A friend of mine, who offered me to buy that lens, bought a 16 mm fisheye
from the same guy. Gee, I'd like to have one of these, too.

Lars