Re: [OM] Re: Ilse Bing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Ilse Bing
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 05:48:04 -0500
At 09:27 PM 2/21/00 -0600, Matt wrote:
>>Does any one remember a very famous Leica photo which shows the
>>model holding a rangefinder Leica as if doing a self portrait?  It is a
classic.
No I don't think that is the photo that was originally referred to....

And Vaughn wrote:

>>The Leica shot was done by Andre Kertez I think. The camera as probably
>>an M2, it definately had a very wide lens with optical finder.

The shot is called 'Photojournalist' and it is by Andreas Feininger. It's doubtful that mirrors are involved; rather he uses a spotlite to illuminate only part of the subject's face and camera. The photo can be found on pg 61 of the Time Life photography series, in the volume 'The Camera'. Everyone used to have one!

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at