[OM] photo book recommendations

Subject: [OM] photo book recommendations
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:42:15 -0500
So here's another, unrelated question...

I came into the possession of a $100 gift certificate for amazon.com
(traded a resume for it; I"m not sure quite how that worked...)

I figured I would use it to expand my photo library.  Right now, the
only book I have is Horenstein's "Black and White Photography: a
Basic Manual."

I'd appreciate any suggestions -- I'm thinking about at least a copy
of Ansel Adams' "The Negative," and perhaps the whole set (in paperback
they're only $18 each).  My main photographic interests are landscape,
architecture, and portraiture.  I'd like some that will cover color
photography since I'm likely to be doing more of that until I get
access to another darkroom.

It'll probably be best to reply to me directly rather than to the
list to avoid excessive list clutter.  At the end, I'll summarize
the suggestions to the list for posterity :-)

Thanks

joey