[OM] Famous photos

Subject: [OM] Famous photos
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 01:56:12 -0800
Denton,

Yes I think that is shot I was referring to. And I remember my brother had the
Time-Life
photography series ... that's probably where I saw it last.  Do you know if
this shot exists
on the Net.  I did not think that was a self portrait.  However it did inspire
many
photographers and models to try to do a self portrait holding a camera to a
mirror. There
was a famous model that did actually do a mirror self portrait.  It could have
been set up
by a fashion photographer.  But it was a self portrait.  The camera was a Nikon
F1.  I
figure you may have reference to it in your extensive collection of photo
books.

Phillip Franklin

Denton wrote:
"The shot is called 'Photojournalist' and it is by Andreas Feininger. It's
doubtful that mirrors are involved; rather he uses a spotlite to illuminate
only part of the subject's face and camera. The photo can be found on pg 61
of the Time Life photography series, in the volume 'The Camera'. Everyone
used to have one!"