[OM] T32 power supply

Subject: [OM] T32 power supply
From: Robin M Allen <rallen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:30:50 +0200 (EET)
Hello All

I'm planning to make a mains power supply for a T32 flash.  I dont have the
correct plug to fit on the flash but I though I could make do with
individual slip on connectors held together in epoxy putty.  I just wondered
why there are 3 pins on the power in connector.  Is there a diode to stop
the batteries in the T32 from receiving a current 'backwards' through them
when their combined cell voltage is less than the input voltage across the
connector?  I thought this might happen if the batteries in a BG2 were new
but the ones in the T32 were run down.  Does anyone know what the typical
current is during charging so I can select an appropriate power supply?

Has anyone done all this stuff before and I missed it?  I dont suppose the
connector is some standard item that I can buy separately?

Robin M Allen

PS
I've got the OM bug real bad now.

Dr Robin M Allen
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 6100                          tel    +358 9 451 2577 (fax)2580
FIN-02015 HUT                      email             rallen@xxxxxxxxx
Finland                              www   http://www.hut.fi/~rallen/