Re: [OM] Little Gold Labels

Subject: Re: [OM] Little Gold Labels
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:28:11 -0700
At 12:48 PM 2/23/00 -0500, Susan wrote:
>Something must be wrong with me......I apparently am missing something here.
>i see so many cameras for sale, many of them 20 years old or more, on which
>the owner has left the ugly gold inspection sticker ! For some reason it
>would never have occurred to me that that label was a thing of beauty and
>should be left on! Do they think it makes the camera look "younger"?? Is this
>a desirable aspect when you look to buy a camera? My brother loves them and
>won't take them off his cameras, so maybe it's a "guy thing"???

Well, I'm a guy (last time I looked in my briefs, anyways  8^> ), and I've
always removed the damn things, assuming I've cared enough.  For most people,
failure to remove them is probably due more to inertia/laziness, rather than
any positive "value" principle on their part.  Can't say I've ever heard the
argument that your used equipment is somehow "worth more" with the sticker on,
and it seems irrational to me.

Garth