[OM] Re: Flash for OM-1 (was "???")

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for OM-1 (was "???")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:38:31 -0600
Erin,

You need a Shoe for the OM-1 if you want to use the flash on camera.  If
you have some kind of flash bracket you want to use, you'll need a PC cord
and a flash which has a socket for a PC cord.

The proper shoe for the OM-1 is usually called "Shoe Fix" which I've always
assumed is sort of Japanenglish for "attachable hot shoe."

You can use almost any electronic flash which will go into the shoe or take
a PC cord.  With the OM-1 it will only work in manual mode or using the
flash's auto settings, if it has them.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA