[OM] problems using winder 2

Subject: [OM] problems using winder 2
From: "stephen ireland" <stephen_ireland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:28:12 GMT
hi everyone,

i wonder if any of you out there can help me with a problem i'm haveing when using my power winder 2 with an OM1n-MD and shutter speeds longer than 1/30th of a second? what seems to happen is the film goes through the camera (the counter counts normally), but when i get to the 'E' marking in the window, i can continue taking frames. I am varying the shutter speed, either using 1/60th, or about 1/4 of a second for slow-sync effects. i can't quite work out what is happening. should i just not use the winder? could there be a problem with it? would using something like a Motor Drive 1 help? my guess is that because the winder and camera are completly manual, the winder is just wanting to advance the film, even if the shutter is open?

any ideas greatly appreciated

thanks

stephen