Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers

Subject: Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:20:22 -0800
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>

Very cool idea! I been thinking about buying a diffuser or two for some upcoming copy and portrait work.
Your idea is much cheaper.

Rick Beckrich wrote:

 > Picked up 10" and 12" embroidery hoops at Wal-Mart...
 >
 > A yard of stretchy plain white nylon of some kind was $5.

Not quite as cheap, but simpler and more versatile: one of those things you stick in your windshield to keep sun out of your car. I got one at Costco that is white on one side and shiny aluminum on the other -- I think it was $9.95 or so. It's on a springy metal hoop that twists into a third of the expanded size.

If the size for an Eldorado isn't big enough, go to Camping World and get one for a Class C motorhome! (That one doubles as a tent for when the shoot is a bit further from the car than you expected... :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>