Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers

Subject: Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:42:38 +0000
Other Cheap Tricks:

If all you need is a white diffuser to go over the front of a T-20, T-32 or
F280 you can do it with a clean white men's handkerchief and a rubberband.
Been using that trick for years.  "TTL Auto" mode will automagically
compensate even though you do lose some of the guide number.

For OM-1[n] and OM-10 users who have to use something like the T-20/T32 in
"Normal Auto" mode, make certain you don't cover up the "O" in "Olympus" on
the front where the sensor is.

If you run a T-20/T-32 in "Manual" then the rule of thumb is one stop loss
of light for each layer of handkerchief over the flash tube (YMMV).

Need a diffuser over the lens too?  Use a chunk of your better half's
neutral panty hose stretched over the front of the lens.

Want a star filter?  Do the same with a piece of window screen.

-- John