Re: [OM] Mercury batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Mercury batteries
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:02:59 -0000
Mike Bloor told us
>If anyone is interested, I am told there is an advert in this weeks (UK)
>Amateur Photographer magazine offering fresh PX625 batteries.  UK£3.85
>each or UK£32 for 10.  The telephone numbers are +44 (1306) 611695 /
611598.

Thanks Mike. 01306 is sunny Dorking where I visit regularly, I will try and
track them down next time I'm there.

and John Hudson remarked
> I thought that gasolene in the the UK was expensive compared to what we
> paid in western Canada .......  roughly three times as much! Now there is
> another product in about the same league.

Have you not seen UK Oly prices then, John? There was some comment about a
used 350/2.8 going for USD2000, which made me weep. The only one I've ever
seen here was closer to GBP3000 - approx USD4500. Used. New price is quoted
as GBP11000 (yes, that's eleven thousand), about USD16,500. New price for an
OM3T is about GBP1300 = USD2000 - how do those prices compare with other
countries?

On the other hand the beer in my local pub is GBP1.60 a pint and it is
absolute nectar, so maybe I'll just stay put and carry on using the old OM1
+ 2's!

John