Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers

Subject: Re: [OM] New thread - Cheap Trix: Diffusers
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:04:38 -0500
Garth,
I understand the bungee principal. How would you cut the corners?
Are they mitered (sp?), or would you use an offset notch on the vertical
to align with a shaped notch on the horizontal? (I could draw this, but
don't know if I'm saying it right) I know you've played with this idea...
how would you handle it?
Rick-stopping-at-the-home-center-on-the-way-home.

At 08:38 PM 2/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Would it be possible to use a PVC tube with an ID the same as the OD of
>the frame?  Cut short lengths to clip the fabric to the frame on all
>sides.  How do you fold the frame?  Does it really need to be glued
>together?
>
>Gregg

Gregg:

P-22s aren't glued together except at certain strategic points.  The rest of it
is actually held together by the tension of a bungee cord strung through the
internals of the frame.  Quite neat, actually.  Also allows for comprehensive
breakdowns and easy storage/transport.

Garth